Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
I haven't cooked my own bird for a few years, so it was definitely time.
She's looking pretty sweet too. Can't wait for the feast!
Monday, November 28, 2005
Since I graduated from University I have slowly been losing my mind.
I confuse easily, I can't spell anymore, I'm basically regressing into caveman mode.
Somehow on Saturday, at the scrapbook store, I managed to lose my lip gloss (thankfully, I had a back up).
I lost the key to my house.
And now, I think I lost my back up lip gloss.
This is just sad! I need help!
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Friday, November 25, 2005
Bad, bad scrapbooker!!
In pure Canadian style it had to storm last night, but that didn't stop us wing hungry folks!!
Zero visibility, 50 kms on the highway, it was all good!!
We made it to the restaurant! Soon joined by Jana & Anders, and then Mark.
Rodney & Lindsey were supposed to come too, but they couldn't make it because of the snow.
But that's cool, we'll see them at the party on Saturday. Yes, a party on Saturday, consider yourself invited!!
Snow storm aside, we had a good time. Had some good laughs, learned about Jana's fear of falling and Anders's fear of white bread.
Jamie said he had a good time, and that was important!
He came home to a nice birthday message from Susie, Dale, Amy & Landon. Very cool.
Tomorrow we celebrate with Tequila!
Thursday, November 24, 2005
To bad my wedding planning didn't actually 'plan' the details of the wedding, cuz frankly I just procrastinate for just way too long.
The wedding is like 9 months and 1 week away or something. So I'm staring at my wedding checklist and for 9 months, here are things I HAVE NOT COMPLETED.....
---If you're having an engagement party, set a date, draft a guest list, and purchase your invitations. (we have been engaged for over two years, so that just seems dumb)
---Book your reception site. (ooops!)
---Choose your bridesmaids/groomsmen and ask them to be in the wedding party. (haven't 'officially' done this yet, and Jamie hasn't decided on his best man)
---Find a ceremony site (only the spawns of the devil is going to work this one out)
---Finalize the guest list (HA! This checklist is out of control. Finalize?? That is never gonna happen).
---Sign your caterer contract & send in deposit (comes with the reception site, that I HAVEN'T BOOKED YET!)
So really, when should I start stressing about this??
Jamie--Happy Birthday my love!
You're not that excited about turning 28th today. Birthday celebration, yes, age celebration, no.
Tonight we celebrate either way, with wings & friends. And you even said I could take your picture, now that is a present for me!
Love ya!! xoxoxo
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
So if you're bored too, learn some stuff about me!
Getting to know your friends aka acquaintances better
If you did not know them already.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 10
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? HP & the goblet of fire
4. What is your favorite TV show?> Fav?? Wayyyyyyyy too many. Ones that I watch every week? Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, King of Queens, How I met your mother, America's Next Top Model, Lost, Survivor. Yep, lots of tv!
5. What did you have for breakfast? Orange & Water
6. What is your middle name? Julia
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican
8. What foods do you dislike? Canned peas, any type of bean
9. What is Your favorite Potato Chip? bbq
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? none, ipod all the way!
11. What kind of car do you drive? I don't! HA!
12. Favorite sandwich? blt
13. What characteristics do you despise? ignoranance
14. Favorite item of clothing? comfy jeans & my new ae shirts
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Somewhere warm!16. What color is your bathroom? rotten off white
17. Favorite brand of clothing? American Eagle
18. Where would you want to retire? Whereever Jamie is!
19. Favorite time of day? any time
20. Favorite sport to watch? Figure Skating, Olympic Hockey is Canada is in the play offs
21. Where were you born? Dalhousie
22. Who do you least expect to send this back? Jana, cuz I got this from her
23. Person you expect to send it back first? no one, who takes the time to do these things?
24. What laundry detergent do you use? Tide
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? night owl
27. What size shoe do you wear? 8
28. Do you have pets? Yup, buddy is really my dog, but he lives with my parents. Then there is Jasper the dog and Simply the horse!
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? I forgot to put laundry soap in my load of towels
30. What did you want to be when you were little? I don't remember
31. Favorite candy bar? snickers
32. What is your best childhood memory? making mud pies & eating them
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? laborer/warehousewoman for summer student jobs, cook at A&W during university!! Day care worker, cashier. My life is so glam.
34. What color underwear are you wearing? peach
35. Nicknames? Miss, Sissa, Meme
36. Piercing? ears, tongue & bellybutton
37. Eye color? crazy dark brown
38. Ever been to Africa? No, but I'd love to visit
39. Ever been toilet papering? no
40. Love someone so much it made you cry? yeppers
41. Been in a car accident? a couple! Only 1 that was my fault, or the snow storms fault.
42. Croutons or bacon bits? real bacon & croutons!
43. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
44. Favorite Restaurant? Swiss Chalet, Mexi's, The Lone Star
45. Favorite Flower? orchids
46. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
47. Disney or Warner Brothers? Warner Brothers
48. Favorite fast food restaurant? McD's
49. What color is your bedroom carpet? greyish trash
50. many time you fail your drivers test?? 1 time
51. Before this one, who did you receive your last e-mail from? Christine
52. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? American Eagle
53. What do you do most often when you are bored? scrapbook
54. Bedtime? around 1am or later
55. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? everyone
56. Last person you went to dinner with? Jamie, Susie, Dale, Jenean, Rod & Lindsey
57. ford or chevy?? Chevy
58.what are you listening right now?? MuchMusic
59. what is your favorie color?? Pink
60.ocean or river? ocean
61. How many tattoos do you have? zero
62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Chicken
63. How many people are you sending this e-mail to? not sure
64. Time you finished this e-mail?> 7:35pm
Monday, November 21, 2005
Didn't catch up on a whole lot today. Did some cleaning, some laundry, some exercise, some scrapping.
Made a page about Jamie that totally embarrassed him and I think he's waiting until my back is turn so he can torch it. *grin*
He's lucky I didn't post it here.
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Cleaning up the joint, hopefully getting some scrapbooking done. There are three new manufacturer design team calls out. And like a fool, I'm gonna try out for all three. Who doesn't need a little rejection before Christmas?? I'm due for some scrapbook related rejection! YA! (*insert loser sign here*)
Anyways! So I'm going to do some work for that. Gotta make Jamie a birthday card too. He's turning the big 28 on Thursday. 28! He's like a man! Freaking me out. I hate getting older. My birthday is less than two months away *shudder*.
Finally had a date with Harry Potter today!!!! Talked my 8 year old cousin, Rebecca into coming with me. It was a 'crash test mommy' type day. We were late getting into Bathurst where we spent 105$ on groceries in 10 minutes! I rammed into her with the cart, it was all good. ;) Sorry Becca.
Then we were off to see HP & the goblet of fire. Pretty impressed with this movie!!
My pet peeve as always is that stuff is left out of the book. I know they have to leave stuff out, but in a way I wish the movie would be 10 hours long just so every tiny detail could be played out on the silver screen.
Well that is that! Looking forward to a new day tomorrow!!
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Friday, November 18, 2005
Last night it was all about the decorations. They were HORRIBLE, and I mean bad!! They were so bad that I sat down at my own wedding with a napkin and a pen. I said to mom, if this is a dream, I want to remember all what is wrong with the decorations. So I made a list.
Good thing it was a dream, now I have a whole list of stuff in my head I have to make sure don't make it into my wedding decor!!
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Shelley, the amazing, talent, wonderful, Shelley has agreed to be my wedding photographer.
Her style is exactly what I have been searching for all along, and I'm so happy she decided to dip her toes into the waters of wedding photography.
Check out pics from the last wedding she did. She is one talented gal.
Now, if I could only decide on a church and book my reception, I'll be good to go!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
I only expected to meet Lisa b. in passing. A hello and a quick pic after classes. Imagine my surprise when I found out from Shelley that she was coming to our room Saturday morning for a visit!! She really wanted to meet Shelley, so it was all an extra bonus for Nic and I!
We got up at 7am to get ready and tidy up the room before she came. It is still pretty all surreal. She was in our room! Right there, making jokes, asking questions, talking about life. It was pretty neat.
She is such an amazing person. Really down to earth, she talked about her life, family, thoughts, CK, hof, her cool shirt, etc. After a few minutes it wasn't LISA BEARSON sitting in our room, it was a regular fellow scrappin' gal. She was so sweet and really put a few things in perspective for me.
We wanted a photo with her, and it took us awhile to figure out the whole self-timer deal. She really wanted a good pic, so she made us take a whole bunch! Very cool.
All the pics are on Shelley's camera, but she did send me one, hopefully I'll get the rest later (thanks shelley!).
Thanks Lisa, for taking 30 minutes out of your busy schedule to spend some time with us!
I never win anything..HA!! I totally won a rocking door prize!! A generations crop bag! It's awesome and so big! My stuff is all nicely organized, I don't know if I want to put it away. I was dragging my supplies around in a laptop bag with a broken zipper, so this was a needed prize. I'm so happy I won.
Donna Downey, the cutest gal I ever did see!! And what a hoot! She was so funny. Thanks for the 'butt technique's' & the 'penis' lesson Donna!
Her classes were amazing. It's amazing what we can create with basic supplies. I definitely got to get making more smaller albums.
I did a journals class & and album class with Donna. I only have one pic though. I liked her album version better than the one I made, so I tore mine apart and have started over.
Of course I had to sign up for a class with Lisa Bearson. The class was called "Live, learn, and pass it on".
Can I just say that Lisa is amazing?? WOW! She did a power point presentation about life, family, journaling, her scrapbooks, etc. It was awesome. She really had us digging deep to the important stuff. It was awesome.
We made a tag book to write in it things that we have learned in life. I plan on getting everyone in my family to add some tidbits to it.
I signed up for two classes with Tena Sprenger. ConTAGious & Keeping Tabs on Me. Both amazingly awesome classes! WOW!! Can Tena ever teach, she was amazing. So much fun and interesting. I loved how involved her classes were. She is the nicest gal with the coolest accent! I was really intimidated to spend some time with her, but she is a lovely down-to-earth gal.
I had two great roomies this weekend! Nichole & Shelley, haven't seen them since April, so it was nice to touch base with them again.
We chatted like a bunch of school girls, I stole Shelley's room key making her think she was losing her mind, but it was actually me with the memory problem! LOL!
It was a good time. We had an awesome late supper Friday night at The Lone Star, just the 3 of us. Tena & Donna were maybe going to join us, but they had some obligations at the crop. We had some awesome fajita's and met this cute little old lady waitress who just had an extreme makeover! Complete with botox and everything, she was really sweet!
After supper we made more plans to meet up with Tena & Donna, but the bar we wanted to go to was closed, and it was pretty late by then. They were both beat from teaching so we all called it a night.
Then at midnight Lisa Bearson called!! She knew Shelley won CK's HOF 2005 and wanted to meet her. So she made plans to stop by the next morning. Talk about stressful sleep!
Saturday morning, after our Lisa visit, Nic went to class, so Shelley and I went to breakfast with Tena. Let me just say that Tena is one awesome chick!!!
Nic, Shelley, and I went shopping for a bit Saturday evening, then back to the hotel for supper. Shelley decided to go spend some time with her sister & her nephews Saturday night.
Nic & I went to our evening class, then cropping afterwards.
I got to see Shelley again on Sunday before I left where she agreed to be my wedding photographer!!! I couldn't be anymore pumped, look at her pics!!
I had a blast girls! Can't wait to see you two again!
Monday, November 14, 2005
Friday, November 11, 2005
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
What do we have to be proud of?
Smarties , Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
Hockey is Canadian
Baseball is Canadian
Lacrosse is Canadian
Basketball is Canadian
Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass
Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.
The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
A Canadian invented Superman.
We have coloured money.
Our beer advertisements kick ass BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on!
Monday, November 07, 2005
A few months after his death a bunch of friends got together and collected all the pictures we could of Jamie. We made copies and put them in this album for his family. It's been almost 9 years since I have seen this album.
I have been wanting to make a tribute album to Jamie since I started scrapbooking and I think I'm finally ready to tackle it. I got Jamie's sister to get the album from Jamie's mom so I can make copies of all the pictures inside. And copy the wonderful poem we put in there too.
I can't wait to have the finished product.