Sunday, January 07, 2007

getting back into the groove...

I can't remember the last time I scrapbooked or did anything creative. I barely entered my scrapbook room in months, just going in there to tidy up, stare at my supplies, or wish I had ink for my printer so I could print out some pictures.

No creative flow whatsoever.

Tonight, I went in there, and in an hour I created a miniBook.

So cool. It feels good to get back in the groove! I am totally feeling it once again.

I'd post a picture of the miniBook, but it's a gift, so I don't want to spoil it!

Keeping with this cool creative flow I am going to join Emily in her 'Deck of You" challenge. The concept is to get a deck of cards and alter one card a week, one for every week of the year. She will be giving a prompt on her blog every Sunday. Using the prompt use one of the cards as your little art journal. She also created this funky fabric pouch to hold all of her cards. For the first week, the prompt is "something you are proud of...".

Pretty cool concept, I'm excited to join in. Check out her blog if you want to see her examples....
http://www.embers.typepad.com/

2 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

Oh what a neat idea with the cards... what a great gift! Have a great week and I can't wait to see photos of the one hour book!!

Anonymous said...

that is a really neat idea! i've never been very original when it comes to altering items other than paper but i think that's neat!