Tuesday, October 30, 2007

BOO!!!!!




It's been about two years since I carved a pumpkin. This year, I decided it was time to get back in the game! New house....it was time to start some traditions!!

I decided to go big or go home. I found a picture online of what I wanted to carve, and got myself a 40 lb pumpkin and a wee baby pumpkin and got carving!

Jamie was really nervous because I broke my 'pumpkin carving knife' within two seconds so I had to resort to hacking away at it with four different kitchen knives, as well as my xacto knife (which I wrangled out of my scrapbooking supplies).

He said that if he had to drive me to the ER he would be PISSED!!! LOL! More like he would faint from all of the blood. I managed without injury and I think my big guy looks pretty good!!! Scary indeed!

I'll have him all set up tomorrow night for trick or treaters!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome!!!!

heidi&keith said...

Oh, my Jackie will be thrown into the compost! that is amazing Melissa, I think I need more patience!!