Wednesday, November 16, 2011

getting crafty...

otherwise known as, yesterday's outfit pictures turned out pretty bad, so what else can i blog about today?
what started out as an urge to make a snowflake garland turned into a doily garland when this mama got way too lazy to actually cut out some snowflakes.  i found a package of doilies in my craft supplies, add some thread and low and behold a little garland to bring a sort-of wintery feeling to the living room. 

pretty cute and it only cost me like fifty cents...i'm already counting down the days until december so i can get started on my holiday mini book that i purchased from the awesome elise joy.  My plan is to take at least one (or more) pictures each day in december to fully capture the holiday season.  I may need to rethink my plan to not decorate for the holidays until avery's birthday party on the 18th....
so exciting!

what are you excited about this holiday season?

xo,

melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took me so long to write back to you...
The answer is no, unfortunately Kris doesn't have a blog... if she ever gets one though i will be sure to let you know.
2nd... I AM EXCITED ABOUT HOLIDAY COOKIES!!! I actually dont like cookies that much, but when I see them all laid out and decorate... I guess SUPER excited, eat about a dozen... feel SOOOOOO SICK afterwards... and don't touch any cookies for the next two days

(oh yes... christmas in germany is 3 DAYS LONG! I swear they invented it here) I hope you have a great day!!!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Right now, I am excited about Starbuck's peppermint mochas and gingerbread.

I love the snowflake garland. Your did a great job.

*Erin