Tuesday, January 07, 2014

2013 Beauty Favs

 In 2013 I hit VIB Rouge Status at Sephora.  Which basically means, I spent a helluva lotta money at Sephora in 2012/2013.  Yikes!! It is definitely no surprise that I've expanded more into the beauty world and I would like to share some of my most favorites of the year! 

Starting from the base up I have been loving the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter.  It is super hydrating and doesn't leave you greasy.  It also smells delicious!

Next is a face mask.  I definitely love a good face mask, especially because my skin is acne prone and oily.  Would you like to have new skin? Then you should definitely try this mask by GlamGlow.

Make up will fall off of my face if I do not have a good primer.  Last summer, I discovered Benefit's Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer.  Not many people will actually need a 15-Hour Primer but this stuff is amazing! I only hate the price, since I'm on my 4th bottle since August...

In the concealer and foundation world I have a high low combination here.  This Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Concealer will conceal almost everything from dark circles to blemishes.  It's not my holy grail concealer, but it's the one I have been loving most this year! My favorite foundation is actually a drugstore foundation by Rimmel that I find absolutely fantastic!! I've tried a few higher end foundations last year and I just keep reaching for this Rimmel foundation.  Love!

Two outrageously high end products that I purchased shouldn't even make the cut here because I bought them with just hours to go in 2013, but they are so amazing that I can't just leave them out! They would be the Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette and the Marc Jacobs The Face II Sculpted Foundation Brush. The eyeshadow palette is perfection in a plastic container.  Beautiful everyday/night colors; the color payoff and pigmentation is just fantastic.  Double high five to this palette!  The foundation brush is just perfection, I don't know any other way to describe it.  It's like insta-face photoshop but not fake looking. 

The rest of my favs I will just link to try and keep this post from being too long!.
Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star (highlighter) in Amber Diamond



Thanks for letting me share my 2013 beauty favorites! 
Would love to hear what you have been loving this year!
Don't be shy to leave a comment :)

xo,

melissa

1 comment:

jana said...

I thought my Naked palette was in rough shape... yours looks similar! Definitely a fave for me as well.

:)