Monday, May 23, 2011

on a wim....


there was a cupcake girls marathon on today, which i should have known was a BAD idea to watch but i couldn't resist.  my sweet tooth can never deny a cupcake, it's my weakness. 
along with poutines and chinese food.  so after about 4-5 episodes and while i should have been mopping the floors i decided to make some cupcakes.  the trouble is, i've never baked cupcakes from scratch before.  i goggled and checked out the first recipe that came up.  the reviews were good and i had the ingredients so it was game on! i decided to make a basic chocolate cupcake, with a vanilla buttercream frosting.  i had a jar of caramel brulee sprinkles from starbucks that i hadn't used yet, so i topped the cupcakes with that.
i'm telling you folks, suc-friggin'-cess!!!
they are SOOOOO yummy.  avery was kind of distracting me during the icing making process so i think the extra whipping of the frosting really helped it out.   it came out so creamy and yummy, i love!!
i definitely made them too big though, but is there really a such thing as too big of a cupcake?
now, i am on a mission to get some mini cupcake liners and a tray so i can make some mini ones.
i may have unleashed a dragon here, but it will be just extra motivation to get running!

hope your monday was just as sweet!

xo,

melissa

2 comments:

jana said...

i cant even tell you how evil this post is... with my no-sweets attempt to lose my 1.5inches.
evil. what have we learned today about evil??

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

OK, now you are making me want to make some cupcakes. I just bought a mini-muffin tin, so maybe mini-cupcakes. Yum!

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog:)